The mass media coverage of flu shots has been generally disappointing and biased, not providing the public balanced information. You hear about the possible benefits of flu shots, but rarely do you hear about potential side effects, including injuries and deaths. You can search for injuries and deaths here. You also don’t hear about the most important things you should do to fortify your defenses against the flu (see below).
First, I recommend watching this video from Barbara Loe Fisher from the National Vaccine Information Center, NVIC.org. It is titled “Influenza Deaths: The Hype vs. The Evidence.”
Next, read the newsletters on my website here and here, titled “The Flu, Chiropractic, and Flu Shots,” and “Swine Flu Vaccine.”
Last, strengthen your immune system with these simple steps:
1. Eat a healthy, high vegetable, low sugar, no processed food diet
2. Continue with wellness Chiropractic care (the newsletters above tell you why)
3. Get regular, and enough, rest
4. Aim for daily exercise, 20-30 minutes a day
5. Take immune system supporting supplements including fish oil, antioxidants, vitamin D, and probiotics.
6. Reduce stress
It is helpful to reduce your exposure to sick people, but near impossible to avoid all exposure. However, the healthier you are, the chance of you becoming ill may be much lower even if exposed.